Voice – Treaty - Truth
Take action and grow the movement in support of the Uluru Statement and Voice Treaty Truth:
- Organise an event in your workplace, school or community – event checklist, resources and how-to guide (coming soon)
- Write a letter to your MP – online letter tool with content tailored to your electorate
- Get active on social media – social media kit (coming soon). Follow @reconciliationNSW, @voicetreatytruth. Join Uluru Statement from the Heart & First Nations Voice Supporters (Official)
- Sign up to 1 Voice Uluru and add your voice to those supporting the reforms in the Uluru Statement
- Become a member of Reconciliation NSW here, and stay up to date on the latest news
- Download these printables to show your support: Bumper sticker, Facebook image, Poster A3, Poster A4, Poster A5 and T-shirt design
- Inform yourself – downloadable FAQs and Factsheets (coming soon)
- Read and listen to the Uluru Statement from the Heart here
- Watch these videos:
Discussions about constitutional recognition, treaty, and truth-telling are important on the road to reconciliation.
The Uluru Statement from the Heart
Reconciliation NSW supports the Uluru Statement from the Heart. The Uluru Statement from the Heart, based on the direction of the 12 First Nations Regional Dialogues, is the continuation of calls over many decades by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to move past Australia’s colonial legacy by being recognised and heard in their own countries, and with the right and capacity to practice self-determination. It outlines a series of reforms – Voice, Treaty, Truth – where a constitutionally enshrined ‘First Nations Voice’ which would be able to speak into Parliament is supported a Makarrata Commission to supervise a process for both agreement making between governments and First Nations, and historical truth-telling.
It provides a clear and practical path forward for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander self-determination in accordance with the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
The Uluru Statement from the Heart is a generous and heartfelt invitation from First Nations to non-Indigenous Australia “to walk with us in a movement of the Australian people for a better future”.
For more information about Constitutional reform and Voice Treaty Truth see the following pages